Estagiário Laboratório de Pesquisa - Doutorado
|The IBM Research Lab offers an internship for postgraduate students who are interested in research within an industry research environment with a strong focus on technology development and industrial application. The vacancy has a duration of one year (renewable for another year) and a weekly workload of 20h. Candidates must demonstrate proactivity and interest in the research topic. The schedule is flexible and should always be compatible with the candidate's academic agenda. Agreement with the academic advisor is desired.
The research project involves optical and electrical measurements on the nanoscale to develop technologies for industrial applications. After an initial training the candidate is expected to perform experiments, analyze data, and communicate results through presentations and reports.
State / Province
RIO DE JANEIRO
City / Township / Village
RIO DE JANEIRO
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- PhD student in Physics, Physical Chemistry or a related discipline
- Experience working in an experimental lab environment
- Intermediate English
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Familiar with commonly used scientific software (LabVIEW, MATLAB, Python)
- Knowledge in one or more of the following fields: Optics, Condensed Matter Physics, Photonics, Nanoelectronics, Nanotechnology, Microfluidics
- Experience working with advanced scientific instrumentation and/or performing optoelectronic characterization measurements is a plus
- Hands-on mentality
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.